Adam is Odyssey’s CEO and Medical Director nationally. Call sign… ‘Dr. Evil.’ He has a particular interest in risk assessment and leadership development.
“I have been involved in first aid and medical services at events since I was a ‘tween. To me, the chance to work with big, mixed interdisciplinary teams to meet the needs of complicated event medical plans is great fun and an endless challenge.”
Adam is a practicing emergency physician since 2003, currently licensed in British Columbia and Ontario. He works at the Royal Columbian Hospital (tertiary trauma centre in Fraser Health) and at Eagle Ridge (community hospital). He is also an online support physician for BC Emergency Health Services since 2013, supporting paramedics and the provincial patient transfer services. Academically, Adam is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at UBC, and the head of the BC Emergency Medicine Network’s Innovation Program on Mass Gathering and Event Medicine.
Adam came to Odyssey in 2014 after a year or so of online collaboration and idea-sharing with Kevin Jones. Kevin was ready to take Odyssey’s successes in Major Planned Events to a ‘new level’ and to solve the problem of consistent services in markets all across Canada. The need to integrate multi-disciplinary teams into events of all kinds and support everyone working positively together has been his main focus since day 1.
- Medical Direction – a strong believer in supporting all providers to work to, and ultimately expand, their full skill-set and scope of practice
- Clinical – emergency medicine, prehospital care, disaster medicine and emergency management
- Research – since 2008, building a program to expand and validate the evidence-base for the work we do in Event Medicine
- Education – teaching and empowering others in clinical care and event leadership
- Advocacy – seeking opportunities to improve health and safety in all categories of events